We offer more than just another job.
Solicit for loans, deposits, cash management, and other financial products. Originate, process and service commercial loans.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact prospects and customers for new business, including both loan and commercial deposits. Contact levels will be sufficient to ensure relationship building, and at a minimum will meet customer retention calling and prospecting objectives established by management. Independent business development drives production, but referrals from others may contribute to obtaining production objectives.
- Interview customers and new loan applicants, gathering appropriate information for a thorough financial analysis and analyze credit worthiness.
- Establish structure of loans within framework of loan policy and extend commercial loans up to stated lending limit. Administer credit quality of portfolio within objectives. Manage technical exceptions within acceptable parameters. Ensure that proper documentation is completed, specifically including approval requirements.
- Working with the credit analyst team, ensure credit presentations contain sufficient, accurate information to facilitate an efficient decision making process by lending authorities. Responsible for presenting to lending authorities.
- Monitor loans in repayment and collect loans in default. Implement and execute work out plans as directed.
- Working more independently, entertain larger and/or more complex loan requests for approval or denial as per the loan policy of the Bank.
OTHER KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
- Actively participate in Bank committees as assigned by management and the Board of Directors. Participate in assigned bank or department projects in a committed professional manner.
- Read sufficient daily, weekly, monthly publications to be properly informed and able to converse about pertinent economic, governmental, and community related matters.
- Performs a minimum number of CRA hours (Bank sponsored community or marketing events) annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. “Secondary Duties and Responsibilities” are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- College degree or equivalent experience, with emphasis in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Previous concentrated credit training.
- A minimum of 5-10 years commercial lending experience.
- A minimum of 3 years Commercial Credit Administration/Credit Analysis/Loan Review
- Able to read and interpret loan documentation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Windows products;
- Team orientation and the ability to adapt in a fun, fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivation, good organization skills, and excellent communication and phone skills.
- Exceptional level of customer service
- Required to comply with the SAFE Act, including successful initial and ongoing registration in the Registry
- Maintain loan portfolio at established volumes
- Drive deposit sales generation that meets established objectives.
- Actively participate in the sales culture of the organization, by appropriately using sales tracking systems
- Maintain delinquencies at or below established levels
- Maintain technical exceptions at established levels
- Classified asset volume and portfolio risk weighing level will be maintained within parameters
- Loan Loss ratios at or below established levels
How to Apply
Visit Jobs In Minneapolis to apply for the Commercial Lender position.
Benefits for full time & part time over 20 hours/week:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) and Employment Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Free parking
- Professional work environment
- Friendly employees
- Flexible hours (depending upon position)
- Advancement potential
Thank you for your interest in Northeast Bank. If you have been referred to us by an employee, please tell us who referred you.
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Vets/Disability Employer.
- Authentic: We are genuine, trustworthy and honest. We do the right thing.
- Collaborative: We are welcoming and open. We truly care about people’s lives and success.
- Accountable: We are reliable and dependable. We accept responsibility.
Dusten, Senior Vice President- Commercial Loans, 18 Years at Northeast Bank:
“Northeast Bank is a great place to work because we have employees that are knowledgeable, professional, self-motivated, and have a customer first attitude. We have a great culture where employees truly care about each other. In addition, the bank is family-oriented and supports a great work-life balance”.
Kim, Compliance Specialist, 15 years at Northeast Bank:
“I have had the pleasure of working for Northeast Bank for almost 15 years. Northeast Bank is a great place to grow and advance in your career both personally and professionally. The bank and the leadership here are very encouraging and are there to support you in your career goals. I find myself among a great group of coworkers, who are knowledgeable people who work very well together.”
Kristy, Relationship Banking Manager, 12 years at Northeast Bank:
“Northeast Bank is a great place to work because they value their employees and encourage all to be their best. For example, the bank offers an individualized leadership development plan for all employees that encourages personal growth and continual learning. This benefit has been instrumental for both myself and my team and is a true testament to the culture of Northeast Bank.”
Zach, VP Credit, 9 years at Northeast Bank:
I have been with Northeast Bank for 9 years and still feel like the “new” guy in a lot of ways due to the long-standing tenure of so many of the staff and management throughout all levels of the organization. This is not surprising after experiencing the excellent culture that has been incubated within this organization for so many years. Not only do I feel valued as employee, but I feel like my voice his heard, my opinion matters, and I truly have a say in the direction of the organization moving forward. Additionally, I respect the level of accountability and community that resonates throughout the bank, with everyone doing their share to contribute to the on-going success of the bank, understanding what that success looks like, and wanting to serve the communities in which we operate. Northeast Bank has won various awards for being a “best place to work” and I could not agree with that more. I look forward to being part of this bank for many years to come.
Sarah, Marketing Specialist, 2 years at Northeast Bank:
“I love working at Northeast Bank because the company believes in me. Those in leadership positions listen to what I have to say and value any feedback I may have. The Bank genuinely cares about my future and investing in my education and talents. I also love that Northeast Bank works hand-in-hand with the community, as well as being committed to doing the right thing. It is important to me that I work at a place that holds integrity and ethics close to the heart of who they are, and Northeast Bank does that every single day. I enjoy being a part of the team here and the comfortable and friendly environment I have the pleasure of working in every day.”