We offer more than just another job.
We have a great opportunity for a hard-working individual to join our team as a Part-time Teller (Monday through Friday 2-6 and some Saturday mornings 8:30-noon) at our northeast Minneapolis office.
Position responsibilities include providing quality customer service, balancing the cash recyclers, and operating computer software in a quick and efficient manner. If you enjoy working with people, you will enjoy working with our customers. You will get to know them quite well since some of them visit us 2-3 times per week.
Qualified candidates should have customer service experience, excellent communication skills, and accuracy in handling cash. The teller position requires at least a high school diploma. Starting pay is a minimum of $14.50/hour but can be more depending upon experience.
We have a great opportunity for a hard-working individual to join our team as a Head Teller at our Coon Rapids office. In this position, you will supervise, staff, and develop teller line to run efficiently and effectively by providing quality customer service, balancing cash drawers, maintaining maximum security over bank money and operate computer software in a quick and efficient manner.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the duties of the tellers to assure efficient and effective daily operation. Coordinate staffing, training, supervision, performance, and salary reviews for the staff, including hiring and termination recommendations.
- Provides quality customer service including greeting customers by name, smiling, and thanking every customer. Acts professionally including conversations with customers and employees in person and on the phone. Keeps confidentiality of customers within those that need to know. Work area is neat and presentable to customers. Arrives on time, keeps breaks and lunches within appropriate time frame.
- Opens and closes all types of deposit accounts (checking, savings) for consumer and commercial accounts. Sells, redeems, and renews certificates of deposits, including IRA's. Assists customers with address changes, stop payments, balance inquiries, statement balancing, check approvals, check orders, etc. Redeems and converts U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Accurate in balancing vault and counting cash. Resolves balancing differences independently and assists other tellers in resolving differences. Assess workload and initiate fair completion of all deposits for customers in person, night drop, mail, coin machine etc.
- Prepares daily settlement of work. Accurate in balancing drawer and counting cash. Maintain maximum security over bank assets, ensuring cash and negotiable items are secure at all times. Stays within established drawer limits. Processes currency transaction reports, checks identification, signatures, stop payments, etc. Scrutinizes negotiable instruments with potential for fraud. Process personal and bank money orders, cash advances, VISA gift cards, savings bonds, etc. efficiently. Maintain and balance general ledger accounts in a timely manner. Investigate and correct errors.
- Inform customers of banking products beneficial to the customer. Cross sell and/or refer to other personnel when need arises. Able to answer basic customer questions and follows up with customer to make sure they were able to have all of their questions answered.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, manager, and co-workers. Reads and follows through with voicemail and e-mail. Effectively uses scanners, counters, and software (especially email).
How to Apply
Visit Jobs In Minneapolis to apply for the part-time teller position.
Visit Jobs in Minneapolis to apply for the head teller position.
Benefits for full time & part-time over 20 hours/week:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) and Employment Stock Option Program (ESOP)
- Free parking
- Professional work environment
- Friendly employees
- Flexible hours (depending upon position)
- Advancement potential
Thank you for your interest in Northeast Bank. If you have been referred to us by an employee, please tell us who referred you.
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Vets/Disability Employer.
- Authentic: We are genuine, trustworthy and honest. We do the right thing.
- Collaborative: We are welcoming and open. We truly care about people’s lives and success.
- Accountable: We are reliable and dependable. We accept responsibility.
Dusten, Senior Vice President- Commercial Loans, 18 Years at Northeast Bank:
“Northeast Bank is a great place to work because we have employees that are knowledgeable, professional, self-motivated, and have a customer-first attitude. We have a great culture where employees truly care about each other. In addition, the bank is family-oriented and supports a great work-life balance”.
Kim, Compliance Specialist, 15 years at Northeast Bank:
“I have had the pleasure of working for Northeast Bank for almost 15 years. Northeast Bank is a great place to grow and advance in your career both personally and professionally. The bank and the leadership here are very encouraging and are there to support you in your career goals. I find myself among a great group of coworkers, who are knowledgeable people who work very well together.”
Kristy, Relationship Banking Manager, 12 years at Northeast Bank:
“Northeast Bank is a great place to work because they value their employees and encourage all to be their best. For example, the bank offers an individualized leadership development plan for all employees that encourages personal growth and continual learning. This benefit has been instrumental for both myself and my team and is a true testament to the culture of Northeast Bank.”
Zach, VP Credit, 9 years at Northeast Bank:
I have been with Northeast Bank for 9 years and still feel like the “new” guy in a lot of ways due to the long-standing tenure of so many of the staff and management throughout all levels of the organization. This is not surprising after experiencing the excellent culture that has been incubated within this organization for so many years. Not only do I feel valued as an employee, but I feel like my voice is heard, my opinion matters, and I truly have a say in the direction of the organization moving forward. Additionally, I respect the level of accountability and community that resonates throughout the bank, with everyone doing their share to contribute to the on-going success of the bank, understanding what that success looks like, and wanting to serve the communities in which we operate. Northeast Bank has won various awards for being a “best place to work” and I could not agree with that more. I look forward to being part of this bank for many years to come.
Sarah, Marketing Specialist, 2 years at Northeast Bank:
“I love working at Northeast Bank because the company believes in me. Those in leadership positions listen to what I have to say and value any feedback I may have. The Bank genuinely cares about my future and investing in my education and talents. I also love that Northeast Bank works hand-in-hand with the community, as well as being committed to doing the right thing. It is important to me that I work at a place that holds integrity and ethics close to the heart of who they are, and Northeast Bank does that every single day. I enjoy being a part of the team here and the comfortable and friendly environment I have the pleasure of working in every day.”