At Northeast Bank, we respect the privacy of our customers and are committed to protecting your information on our Web site. Northeast Bank trains and requires our employees to protect the privacy of information about our customers regardless of the medium used to fulfill our customers' financial needs. To protect the privacy of our customers, we use appropriate security standards and procedures to control access to customer information. This has always been Northeast Bank's policy, and it is the policy that will be followed regarding all electronic customer transactions.
Information Collected Through Our Website
Northeast Bank collects information from Website visitors and also obtains information from third parties (including from service providers) in the course of providing our online deposit account opening and online banking service (our "Services"), which we may add to the data we obtain through the Website. The information collected through our website includes:
- Personal and Deposit Account-related Information: You may provide us with information about you, which may include personal information and information relating to or necessary for the initiation, processing, or completion of certain financial transactions, including the opening and funding of a deposit account.
- Transactional Information: We may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events occurring through our Website. This transactional information is generally collected (i) to enable our Services (ii) to enable the services provided by third parties (including verification of applicant identity for deposit account opening), and (iii) to enable Northeast Bank to comply with various legal obligations.
- Device and Usage Information: Like most online services, our Website collects standard technical, non-personal information when you use it, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the pages and content you view or interact with on our Website, the information you search for, and the dates, times and potentially the location from which you visit our Website. For security reasons, your IP address must be static (i.e., must not change) during an Online Banking session. If we detect that your IP address changes during a session, your session will be terminated.
- Cookies and Other Technologies: Our Website collects certain information through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer that do not contain any personally-identifiable information. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Website, to monitor Website usage and web traffic routing, to improve and personalize our Website and advertising, and to identify online banking sessions.
Many browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. We set a cookie when you log onto Northeast Bank Online Banking from a new device or browser, or after you clear your browser cookies. Either your browser must accept cookies or you must accept the request to allow the cookie from our Website in order to access our Online Banking.
We may also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How We Use Information
We and service providers working on our behalf use information collected on our Website in a variety of ways intended to provide our Website and Services and to operate our business, including the following:
- To Provide our Services: We use the information that we collect (i) to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide our Website and our Services, (ii) to provide other services and information that you request, and (iii) to provide customer support to you and other parties.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Website and Services: We use the information that we collect to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Website and Services; to improve our Website and Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and to personalize our Website, Services and social media features.
- To Contact You: We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
- Aggregate Data: We aggregate data collected through our Website and use it for purposes such as creating and sharing reports about the use of our Website and our products and services, including users' interests, usage patterns, and trends.
- Advertising: We may use non-identifiable information that you provide or that we collect to improve or tailor the effectiveness of advertising on our Website and to provide advertisements and other content that is tailored to you.
How We Share Information
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide services including online deposit account opening and online banking; Website hosting and other similar services, development and maintenance; advertising, marketing and social media services; and other services related to our Website and Services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Northeast Bank or to you.
- In Aggregate Form. We may make certain aggregated non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users' interests, usage patterns, and trends.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website or Services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Northeast Bank, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
Our Policy Concerning Children
Our website is not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 through our website. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information through our website, we will take steps to delete such information.
Privacy Policies of Linked Sites
Our Website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should consult their privacy policies and contact them directly.
Northeast Bank has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information gathered through the Website, and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information.
How to Access and Update Your Information
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- If you are a Northeast Bank customer, you can access and update certain personal information in connection with your account or application by logging into your account online.
- You may contact us at 612-379-8811 and request to review, amend, or delete certain personal information collected by us.
- Please note that we may not be able to delete all information we collect through our Website.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by following the steps to "unsubscribe" as described in the footer of our marketing emails.
Do Not Contact Policy
Northeast Bank respects the privacy of all consumers. You may request that Northeast Bank not contact you via mail, phone, and/or email for promotional offers. Options for contacting us are:
- Call 612-379-8811
- Send us a message through our secure email portal
- Send a written request to:
Attn: Do Not Contact
77 Broadway St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Please include your name, address, and telephone number with all requests. If you make this request, you will still receive your statements (which may include promotional offers), account-related notices, or other information via mail. Please allow up to thirty (30) days after you have made your request, for your name to be removed from any sales/marketing programs currently underway.